The Presbyterian Church in Groomsport was established in 1841 with 150 subscribers under its first minister, Rev. Isaac Mack. Church services were held in the home of a parishioner at 17 Main Street until a site was acquired on the same street, in June 1841. the Church was officially opened in 1843, with the bell tower and clock gifted a few years later.
Today the congregation consists of around 280 families. Some of these families have lived in the area for generations. Others have moved into Groomsport to occupy new houses erected in recent years in the village or to retire to the area. A significant proportion of our membership is also drawn from outside the immediate area from Bangor, Donaghadee and further afield.
Sunday Worship is held at 11:00 am along with special evening services as announced.
The Walter Nelson Hall complex, across the road from the church accommodates both church and community activities. These include Presbyterian Women, Boys’ Brigade, Brownies, Rainbow Guides, Badminton, Indoor Bowling Club and the Leisure Group.